There’s been a lot of stories surrounding Edward Snowden’s release of materials showing how the U.S.
Government has been “Over the Top” on gathering information on ALL citizens of the world, not just
us in the U.S. Here’s a few stories and links to the full story that may be of interest to you.
1. How NSA surveillance endangers the Fourth Amendment, by Jonathan Hafetz, read it here
The Fourth Amendment provides a bulwark against this type of dragnet surveillance. Before searching Americans’ private communications, the Fourth Amendment requires that the government demonstrate probable cause or individualized suspicion.
2. Glenn Greenwald has two great articles. This one, “Michael Hayden, Bob Schieffer and the media’s reverence of national security officials” is a must read. A General and a former U.S. Homeland Security Chief start their own security company that makes many millions off of keeping us in FEAR. And when interviewed by softball pitcher Bob Schieffer, he puppets the Government’s Talking Points. Please read the full story.
3. Glenn’s second article: “Email service used by Snowden shuts itself down, warns against using US-based companies”
tells us about how the U.S. Government is abusing its power once again.
- A Texas-based encrypted email service recently revealed to be used by Edward Snowden – Lavabit – announced yesterday it was shutting itself down in order to avoid complying with what it perceives as unjust secret US court orders to provide government access to its users’ content. “After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations,” the company’s founder, Ladar Levinson, wrote in a statement to users posted on the front page of its website. He said the US directive forced on his company “a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit.” He chose the latter.Read the full story here.
Ed. Note: Are we to live in FEAR of “terrorist attacks”, that could happen any minute? Something we can not prevent forever. We must fight to maintain the Freedoms that were fought for during the American Revolution. Our U.S. Constitution and all Amendments must not be taken away from U.S. citizens in the name of “National Security”. And finally, do we need 960 U.S. Military bases in 150 Countries in the world? Do we need 52,000 Troops in JAPAN? Do we need 45,000 troops in GERMANY? Do we need 28,000 in SOUTH KOREA? Do we need 10,000 in ITALY? Do we need 9,000 in the UNITED KINGDOM? Do we need 15,000 in KUWAIT?Do we need 68,000 in a combat zone of AFGHANISTAN?
And finally, with budget cuts at the Federal level, and State and Local levels, less money means less in circulation. We can’t keep stores open, restaurants open, many businesses are closing, so all those people lose their jobs and don’t have the money to spend to keep others employed. Now here’s a story you should read: List of Bankruptcy Filings Since January 2010
All Municipal Bankruptcy Filings: 36
General-Purpose Local Government Bankruptcy Filings (8):
– City of Detroit
– City of San Bernardino, Calif.
– Town of Mammoth Lakes, Calf. (Dismissed)
– City of Stockton, Calif.
– Jefferson County, Ala.
– City of Harrisburg, Pa. (Dismissed)
– City of Central Falls, R.I.
– Boise County, Idaho (Dismissed)